CANNA COMPANION™ - HEMP BASED SUPPLEMENTS
For Dogs & Cats Without the High
What is Canna Companion™?
Canna Companion™ is a unique blend of Cannabis sativa strains, frequently referred to as hemp, designed to enhance the supportive benefits of the Cannabis plant while minimizing the 'high-inducing' concentrations of THC. Each capsule contains a combination of phytocannabinoids, the main group of compounds in hemp, terpenes which help to modulate phytocannabinoids, and flavonoids, which are found in a wide variety of foods we and our pets eat. In addition, hemp contains omega 3 & 6 fatty acids and vitamin B6, helping to provide a holistic approach to your pet's health needs.
Here's how Canna Companion™ may help your dog or cat:
- Encourages a calm demeanor and reduces anxiety
- Supports a healthy GI tract
- Assist in "end of life" care and comfort
- Maintains healthy neurological function
- Helps support the immune system
- Relieve joint discomfort associated with normal daily exercise and activity
- Increase appetite
Canna Companion™ Whole Plant Hemp Oil
- WHAT: This formula is closer to our Regular Strength formula (~4:1 ratio). This is best if you want to try or switch to oil from Regular Strength.
- WHAT: The new oil product is more economical for our smaller pets - up 50# in most cases.
- WHAT: A syringe & cap are supplied in the box for more accurate measuring and less mess than a dropper.
- WHY: The oil will take effect more quickly than the capsules, but will also burn out more quickly - i.e. more frequent administration is requires (1-2 X daily for cats, 2-3X daily for dogs, depending.)
- WHEN: The quicker-acting nature of the oil will also make it appropriate for those needed a last minute response - perfect example is a pet with situational anxiety, and an unexpected trigger situation occurs. (Orally, 30-40 min, sublingual 3-5 min on average)
- WHEN: Best effect: if given near or during a meal is recommended.
|To order capsules or oil select the size of your pet
up to 20 lbs
up to 20 lbs
How It Works
We pride ourselves on offering a Cannabis product that is developed, manufactured and sent to you by veterinarians. Canna Companion is made with pharmaceutical and laboratory grade equipment and is in compliance with DEA and FDA cGMP recommendations, as they pertain to supplement manufacture for the strict purpose of oral administration to cats and dogs. As veterinarians, we are committed to continued research and development in order to ensure our product meets the needs of your pet.
Canna Companion is 100% organic, non-GMO, hemp, made in WA State. We use only vegetarian capsules and ensure all of our packaging is made from recycled materials and is in turn fully recyclable. This even includes the plastic bags, labels, and business cards. Reduce! Reuse! Recycle!
How can Canna Companion™ help pets?
Hemp naturally contains compounds which affect the endocannabinoid system, an internal pathway found in mammals. Nearly every tissue contains receptors which respond to the components found in Cannabis, acting separately but holistically with the body's other receptor systems. Once triggered, these receptors activate a variety of chemical reactions aimed at supporting the body's natural stress response mechanisms.
It should be noted that while Canna Companion will likely help your pet, it is not designed to be the sole drug, supplement or holistic therapy used in most cases. It works best when given in conjunction with veterinarian prescribed and recommended treatments and often allows reduction in medications that may have significant undesirable side effects. Please keep in mind to never change prescribed medication doses or frequency of administration without the explicit advice from your attending veterinarian. Hemp has no known negative interactions with other medications or supplements. Lastly, please note that due to the decades long prohibition on cannabis, there are no double blinded studies on how cannabis products can help dogs and cats.
Canna Companion™ is designed to be given in two ways: mix the entire contents of one capsule into food or give the whole capsule orally near mealtime. Either way, it is best to give with food as this ensures the highest rate of absorption from the GI tract. Generally, cats need one capsule per day while dogs need a capsule twice daily. Most pets show a response within a week, but it can take up to two weeks to build up therapeutic levels. Here are some common conditions and typical response times. Please note individual variation is expected and your dog or cat may respond in a short or longer time frame. Ask us for help in dosing your pets specific needs. Our veterinary professionals are happy to speak with you and your pet's doctors anytime.
Is Canna Companion™ legal and safe?
Yes. Because Canna Companion contains <0.3% THC (tested by a local non-affiliated company for quality assurance), is made from Cannabis sativa, and is not intended for human consumption, it meets the current definition of hemp supplements under Unites States federal law.
Below is a brief description of the science behind Canna Companion™.
- The most common side effect is mild lethargy (due to Whole Plant Hemp Oil effects on the brain) which usually subsides in 3-4 days.
- A less common side effect is softer stools and an increased bowel movement frequency (due to individual fiber sensitivities). Remember, we use the whole plant, and hemp is known for its high fiber content. A lower dose resolves the fiber sensitivity issue.
- Rarely vomiting or increased skin itchiness are seen, necessitating discontinuation of Cannabis-based products.
Canna Companion is the result of 15 years of research into the endocannabinoid (EC) system and the interaction of phytocannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids within that system. We utilized the research from multiple disciplines in order to determine how these compounds can positively affect mammalian physiology. Scientific principles of veterinary medicine and pharmacology, plus the multidisciplinary research and our own testing and informal clinical trials, helped us develop and refine Canna Companion, making it a part of your dog and cat's holistic care.